Last Updated on
If you’ve wondered how you can get a chair high enough to integrate with your standing desk or to allow you to sit at the kitchen counter in comfort, the answer is the best drafting chair.
We’ll launch straight in with our best drafting chair reviews then we’ll give you a few pointers on buying the best drafting chair the easy way.
5 Best Drafting Chair Reviews
We’ll get directly down to business with our reviews. After presenting 5 of the best choices on the market for your home and garden, we’ll walk you through how to focus on getting the most appropriate tool for your needs.
Available in black, brown or gray, this chair is finished in black vinyl to deliver both durability and comfort without sacrificing aesthetics.
The mesh is highly breathable so whether you’re digging in for a few hours of work or a stint on the PlayStation, your back won’t end up covered in sweat.
You’ll get plenty of freedom to tilt, swivel and adjust this chair so you get the perfect fit for your body.
For a rock-solid drafting chair from an industry giant, you can’t go wrong with the Modway Edge.
- Multipurpose chair working well with standing desks and drafting tables
- Super-padded mesh and lumbar support combine to give your posture a welcome boost
- 90-degree armrests flip up for your convenience
- Pneumatic height adjustment with free cylinder thrown in
- Nylon casters give you mobility without scratching up your laminate flooring
- Some issues reported with hydraulics over time so watch out for this flashpoint
Next up in our best drafting chair reviews is a sleek yet understated black beauty from Flash Furniture. If you’ve got a more minimalist or modern office, this stark look will work extremely well.
As with all the best drafting chairs, you’ll get a full range of adjustability from the armrests and padded backrest through to the foot ring so you can personalize things a treat.
The back width is 17 to 20 inches so this drafting chair is ideal for pretty much all shapes and sizes.
For a straightforward, comfortable and cost-effective office seating solution, this is a strong contender for the best drafting chair of 2018.
- Fully ventilated mesh means you can sit for hours without becoming bathed in sweat
- Integrated lumbar support can help improve your posture while minimizing aches and pains in your back
- Adjustable chrome foot ring
- Casters allow you to wheel the chair around the office without breaking your back
- Seat padded with 3 inches of foam for a supremely comfortable experience
- Not the cheapest drafting chair
- Wide choice of colorways so coordinate with any home office
- The bulky base gives you total stability at all times
- Use casters provided or optional glides so tailor your seating to suit
- Pneumatic seat adjustment allows you to easily tweak height from 26 ½ inches up to 31 ½ inches
- Outstanding price to performance ratio
- Sits extremely high so make sure this is what you’re looking for in the best drafting chair
Few drafting chairs have many distinguishing features. You simply want them to seat you in comfort without wreaking havoc on your posture. The Lorell acquits itself well on all counts and delivers top-tier performance at an almost budget price.
For an armless seating solution to work alongside drafting tables or standing desks, this Lorell makes a smart move.
- No arms so works well in tight spaces
- Fine-tune the back support so you can get a customized fit
- 3 color schemes giving something for everyone
- Change the height from 22 to 32 inches giving you plenty of latitude
- Great combination of value for money and unbeatable brand heritage
- Can find cheaper drafting chairs if price is your main motivator
Last but not least in our best drafting chair reviews is a solid model from the legendary Amazon as part of their pocket-friendly proprietary Basics line.
The only thing to be aware of is that the foot ring stands fairly high and does not easily adjust.
If you’re looking for a slick and affordable way to break up the time spent standing at your desk, think seriously about this AmazonBasics stool which you can pick up for little more than the price of a decent restaurant meal.
- Bonded leather upholstery marries durability to aesthetics without hitting you in the pocket
- Full 360-degree swiveling with casters promoting smooth movement
- Weighs a reassuring 22 pounds
- Quite unbeatable value for money without sacrificing quality or looks
- 1-year limited warranty which is more than you can expect at this price point
With our best drafting chair reviews put firmly to bed, you should have a clear idea of how much you’ll need to spend and what’s on the table.
We’ll round out by giving you some guidance on buying the best drafting chair the easy way starting with why you should bother buying one in the first place.
What Are The Benefits of a Drafting Chair?
If you spend lots of time working at a standing desk, you might need a seating solution that allows you to occasionally take a load off while still being able to reach your work surface.
Architects and draftsmen have long embraced the convenience, comfort, and support of drafting chairs and they are now common currency in home offices and businesses the world over.
Buying the best drafting chair is not that tough but there are a few things to bear in mind if you want the most appropriate type of seating for your needs.
What To Look For In The Best Drafting Chair
Get these areas right and you’ll end up with the best drafting chair fuss-free.
It’s All About The Seat
The comfort of the seat itself is of prime importance when you’re looking for the best drafting chair.
Both your upper and lower limbs along with your back should be fully supported and that support shouldn’t be so hard as to prove uncomfy.
Make sure fabric is breathable and that you don’t lose out on comfort in the quest for lumbar support.
You’ll have to decide whether you want a regular drafting chair or an armless drafting stool instead.
Armrests come to the fore if you’re doing a lot of keyboard work. They offer the support you need to avoid RSI in your elbows.
If, on the other hand, you spend most of your time at the desk placing phone calls, you might find a drafting stool better gels with your needs.
If you are going for a drafting chair with armrests, make sure they’re adjustable.
Lumbar support is central to the best drafting chair backrest.
If you prefer, a backless design forces you to better your posture much as a standing desk allows you to work in an upright position.
Think closely about your intended usage and make sure you buy a drafting chair with a back to suit.
You need to avoid your feet from dangling so a great footrest is key.
Make sure you can adjust it and that’s all you need to worry about here.
Last but not least, think about what kind of use your drafting chair will get and determine whether or not you’ll need to prioritize durability over aesthetics.
A Final Word
With any luck, you should now have a solid overview of the best drafting chairs on the market and feel confident about buying the best one for your needs.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch at any time with your queries or feedback. We’re always more than happy to help in any way we can.
Watch out for our forthcoming article on standing desks and come back soon!
Article Source: https://homendgarden.com
Feature Image Source: https://homendgarden.com
All Other Image Source: Amazon.com
Author: Ayn-Monique Klahre